Lebu Dal (pulses soup with lemon)
- 150 gm chana dal
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 gandharaj nimbu (a scented variety of lemon)
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seed
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Salt & sugar to taste
- 4 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- Wash and boil the pulse with water (do not drain the excess water).
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the mustard seed.
- Add pre-boiled pulse, turmeric powder, salt & sugar according to taste.
- Turn off the gas and add lemon juice with pulse and cover it.
- Enjoy steamed plain rice with lemon pulse.