Egg Dhoka (a recipe of Egg & potato)
- 300 gm potato (washed)
- 2 eggs
- 100 gm onion (paste)
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt and sugar according to taste
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup of water
- Boil the potatoes, drain the water and keep aside.
- Smash the potatoes and mix eggs, a pinch of salt and make a smooth paste.
- Keep the potato mix in Tiffin box and steam it into boiling water.
- After 15 min, remove the Tiffin box from water and divide the potato mix
in medium sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry all the pieces properly and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the whole cumin seed.
- Add onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, tomato puree, turmeric-chili powder,
salt & sugar to taste.
- Fry the spices properly, add water.
- When the soup comes to boil, add pre-fried potato mix and cook it for 10
min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, serve with plain rice.