Begun posto (brinjal with poppy seed)
- 250 gm brinjal (wash and cut in big pieces)
- 4 tablespoon poppy seed
- 3-4 green chili
- 1 teaspoon kalonji seeds
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar to taste
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Make a paste of poppy seed and green chili.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the brinjal pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the kalonji seeds.
- Add poppy seed paste, turmeric powder, salt and sugar to taste and fry the spices properly.
- Add pre-fried brinjal pieces, water and cook it for 10-15 min in a low flame.
- When the gravy becomes dry, turn off the gas.
- Serve with Steamed plain