Sweet Chana dal with Coconut
- 250 gm chana dal
- 1/2 cup of coconut (small slices)
- 2-3 tablespoon raisins (washed)
- 1-2 dried red chilies
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt according to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- Wash the dal and boil with 4 cups of water, keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the bay leaf and dried red chili.
- Add coconut slices and fry it till light brown.
- Add pre-cooked dal, raisins, turmeric-cumin-coriander powder, green chilies, sugar and salt.
- Mix properly and cook for 10 min.
- Sprinkle the garam masala powder and serve it with Puree or
Paratha or Roti.