Parwal with Mung dal
- 150 gm mung dal
- 200 gm parwal (peel and cut them in half)
- 1/2 cup of grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dried red chili
- 2 green cardamoms (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 3-4 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Fry the mung dal without oil or ghee for 3-4 min.
- Wash the fried dal with hot water and cook the dal with 2-3 cups of hot water & a pinch of turmeric
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the parwal till light brown and keep aside.
- Heat the fresh oil in a pan, sauté the bay leaf, red chili, whole cumin seeds, chopped ginger and fry it well.
- Add pre-cooked dal, cumin seeds powder, chili powder, sugar, salt and mix well.
- Add pre-fried parwal, grated coconut and cook it for 10-12 min with cover.
- When the dal becomes thick, add ghee and crashed green cardamoms.
- Remove from gas and serve hot with Plain