Parwal with Fennel seeds (Mouri Patol)
- 250 gm parwal
- 2-3 tablespoon
- 3-4 dried red chilies
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3-4 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt according to taste
- Wash and prick the parwals diagonally with knife or fork all over.
- Make a fine paste with fennel seeds and dried red chili and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, lightly fry the parwals and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the bay leaf.
- Add grinded spices, turmeric powder, sugar and salt & fry the spices properly.
- Add pre-fried parwals and 1/2 cup of water and cook with cover till done.
- When oil comes out, remove from gas.
- Serve hot with Plain