Mixed Masala Dal
- 200 gm mung dal
- A big bowl of fresh, mixed vegetables (carrots,
green peas, cauliflower,
French beans, capsicum)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon whole garam masala (2 cardamoms, 2-3
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dried red chili
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 3-4 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh, chopped green coriander
- Fry the mung dal without oil or ghee for 3-4 min.
- Wash the fried dal with hot water and cook the dal with 3-4 cups of hot water until done.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry all the vegetables properly.
- When the vegetables becomes soft, add pre-cooked dal and cook till done.
- In another pan, heat the ghee, sauté the bay leaf, cumin seeds, dried red chili.
- Add onion, tomatoes, turmeric powder, green chilies and dal with vegetables.
- Add salt and sugar to taste and cook for 5 min.
- Remove from gas, add fresh green coriander and serve with steamed Plain