- 1 cup of lentil
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 9-10 curry leaves
- 2-3 green chilies (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 cup of tamarind water
- 2 cloves (crushed)
- 1 piece cinnamon stick (crushed)
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh, chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon clarified butter
- Soak lentil in water for half an hour.
- Then cook the lentil with salt, turmeric in a pressure cooker.
- Heat ghee in a pan and sauté cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When mustard seeds crackles add curry leaves.
- Then add green chilies and coriander powder and cook.
- Add crushed cloves and cinnamon stick along with pre- boiled lentil and mix properly.
- After few min add tamarind water, sugar and salt.
- Simmer for 5-6 min and remove it from the gas.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with steamed Plain