Elephant foot aroid (olkachu) curry with Prawn
- 300 gm Elephant
foot aroid (olkachu) (cut in medium cubes)
- 150 gm prawn (dressed & washed)
- 2 tablespoon coconut paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon panch-phoran
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt according to taste
- 5-6 tablespoon mustard oil
- Marinate the washed prawns with a pinch of turmeric and salt.
- Boil the Elephant foot aroid (olkachu) pieces, drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the panch-phoran.
- Add coconut and ginger paste and fry till light brown.
- Add marinated prawns and fry it properly.
- Add remaining spices, salt and sugar to taste and cook till oil is separated.
- Add pre-boiled Elephant foot aroid (olkachu) pieces and mix with spices properly.
- Add 1-2 cups of water and shimmer for 10-12 min with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, remove from gas.
- Serve hot with Plain