Banana stem with Coconut
- 4 cups of chopped banana stem
- 1/2 cup of grated coconut
- 5-6 green chilies paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2-3 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt & sugar to taste
- Soak the chopped banana stem in water with a pinch of turmeric powder for half an hour.
- After half an hour, wash the banana stem properly and mash it with a pinch of salt and keep aside.
- After 5-10 min squeeze all the water of banana stem.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the bay leaf and ginger paste and stir it well.
- Add grated coconut paste, chili paste, banana stem and mix properly.
- Add Salt, sugar to taste and cook it in a low flame with cover until done.
- Serve with Plain