Ilisher Korma (A spicy dish of Hilsha)
- 500 gm hilsha fish pieces (dressed & washed)
- 4 tablespoon yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 25 gm raisins (washed)
- 25 gm cashew nut
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 big onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 4 tablespoon poppy seed paste
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon kashmiri chili powder
- Salt & sugar to taste
- 4-5 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup of water (if needed)
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of turmeric powder & salt and keep aside.
- Make a fine paste of cashew nut & raisins and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the bay leaf.
- Add onion, ginger-garlic paste, cashew-raisins paste, poppy paste,
turmeric-chili powder, yogurt, salt & sugar to taste.
- Fry all spices well, add water and marinated fish pieces.
- Cook it for 10-12 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, sprinkle the lemon juice on top.
- It’s ready to serve.