Hilsha with yogurt
- 500 gm hilsha fish pieces (dressed & washed)
- 2 cup of yogurt (plain curd)
- 1/2 cup of mustard paste
- 1 teaspoon nigella seed (kalonji)
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon green chili paste
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoon cumin powder
- Salt & sugar to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup of water (if needed)
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of turmeric powder & salt.
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute the kalonji and ginger paste.
- Add chili paste, turmeric-chili powder, cumin-coriander powder,
mustard paste, yogurt, salt and sugar and fry all the spices well.
- Add marinated fish pieces, and 1/2 cup of water (if needed).
- Cook it for 10-15 min in low flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick & dry, serve the dish with plain rice and