Hilsha with Pineapple (sweet & sour dish)
- 500 gm hilsha fish pieces (dressed & washed)
- 1 cup of grated pineapple
- 1/2 cup of onion paste
- 2 tablespoon green chili paste
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoon cumin powder
- Salt & sugar to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup of water (if needed)
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of turmeric powder & salt.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the fishes lightly and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add onion-chili paste, turmeric-chili powder,
cumin-coriander powder, salt and sugar and fry it well.
- Add grated pineapple, pre-fried fish pieces and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook it for 10-15 min in medium flame with cover till the gravy becomes thick.
- Enjoy sweet & sour hilsha.