Hilsha with mixed vegetables
- 500 gm hilsha fish (cut in medium pieces, including head, dressed & washed)
- 500 gm mixed vegetables (potato,
gourd (kakrol), Indian
spinach (puishak)) (washed)
- 1/2 cup of onion paste
- 2-3 green chili
- 2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry all the vegetables lightly and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the onion paste and fry it well.
- Add fish pieces, including head and fry it properly.
- Add turmeric-chili-coriander powder, salt & sugar to taste and stir it well.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook it for 10-15 min in medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes dry, turn off the gas.
- Serve with steaming plain