Hilsha with coconut milk
- 500 gm hilsha fish pieces (dressed & washed)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 4 tablespoon coconut paste
- 1/2 cup of onion paste
- 2 tablespoon green chili paste
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoon cumin powder
- Salt & sugar to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup of water (if needed)
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of turmeric powder & salt.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add onion-chili paste, turmeric-chili powder,
- cumin-coriander powder, coconut paste, salt and sugar and fry it
- Add marinated fish pieces, coconut milk and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cook it for 10-15 min in medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick & dry, serve the dish with plain rice and green chili.