- 500 gm hilsha fish pieces (dressed & washed)
- 1 cup of yogurt (plain curd)
- 2 big tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of onion paste
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 4 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder
- Salt & sugar to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup of water (if needed)
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of turmeric powder & salt.
- Heat the oil in a pan, lightly fry the fishes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the onion paste and fry it till color
- Add ginger-garlic paste, mustard paste, yogurt, tomato, turmeric-chili
powder, Salt and sugar according to taste.
- Fry all the spices properly, add water & mix well.
- Add pre-fried fish pieces and cook it for 10-12 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes dense, turn off the gas.
- Enjoy with plain