Tomato, Khejur ar Aamsattwa Chutney (tomato, date &
dried mango-pulp chutney)
- 200 gm Tomato (wash & cut into medium pieces)
- 100 gm date (wash & soak into hot water)
- 100 gm aamsattwa (dried mango-pulp) (pieces into medium cubes)
- 150 gm sugar or jaggery
- 1-teaspoon rai (black mustard seeds)
- 1 dried red chilli
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 cup of water
- Smash the dates and remove the seeds & keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the chilli & rai.
- Give the tomato and fry well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt & sugar.
- Add dates, aamsattwa and water and cook it for 10 min in a low flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick & sticky, keep the chutney in a glass bowl.
- Enjoy the chutney.