- 200 gm Green Papaya (washed & grated)
- 200 gm sugar
- 3-4 lemon (juice)
- 1-teaspoon rai (black mustard seeds)
- Salt according to taste
- 1-teaspoon chat masala
- 1-tablespoon mustard oil
- 1-cup of water
- Boil the grated papaya.
- When the papaya becomes soft, squeeze the excess water and keep aside..
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the rai seeds.
- Add papaya and cook well.
- Add salt, sugar according to taste add water.
- Cook it for 10-12 min in a low flame with a cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, place it for cooling.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Sprinkle the chat masala on top.
- Papaya chutney is ready, serve it after meal.