Dates Pickle (khejurer achar)
- 300 gm dates
- 250 gm sugar
- Juice of 2-3 lemons
- 2-3 dried red chili
- 1 teaspoon panch-phoran
- 25 gm cumin seed
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- A cup of water
- Heat the tawa and roast the cumin seed and ground it and
keep in a air-tight container.
- Heat the pan, and make thick syrup with sugar & a cup of water.
- Add dates and stir it properly.
- When the mixture becomes thick and dense, turn off the gas and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the dried red chili and panch phoran.
- Sprinkle the sautéed spices on top of the dates mixture.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice and mix all the ingredients properly.
- The dates pickle is ready to use.