Chulta-r Tak (Sour dish of Elephant Apple)
- 1 medium sized Elephant apple (dressed and cut in medium pieces)
- 1-2 dried red chili
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt and sugar according to taste
- 2-3 cups of water
- Boil the apple pieces, drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute the mustard seeds and red chili.
- Add pre-boiled apple, turmeric powder, salt and sugar to taste and stir well.
- Add 2 cups of water and shimmer it for 10-12 min with cover.
- After that remove from gas and let it cool.
- Enjoy sour elephant apple after meal.