Sweet French Toast
- 8 slices bread (one day old bread)
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon castor sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated sweet lime rind
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 100 gm butter
- Sifted icing sugar
- Mixed fruits (cut in medium slices)
- Whisk eggs, cream, sugar, lime rind, cinnamon powder and juice together.
- Heat half the butter in a frying pan.
- Dip bread into egg mixture.
- Add half the bread. Cook until golden on both sides.
- Repeat with remaining butter and bread.
- Serve toast dusted with icing sugar and accompanied with a little fruit as you wish.