- 1 cup of white flour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 6 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Water (to make dough)
- Ghee (for deep frying)
- Blend the ghee and spices with the white flour.
- Make a soft smooth dough using water and wrap with a wet cloth for an hour.
- After an hour knead the dough again & add 6 tablespoon of oil and knead till completely absorbed.
- Cover and keep aside for 4 hours.
- Put the dal in the cooker with minimum quantity of water and cook it till 1 whistle.
- Drain the water.
- Grind the dal to make a fine paste with the jaggery and cardamom powder (remember that the filling should not be watery).
- Divide the dough into small balls and flatten them and stuff with the dal paste, cover and seal up the filling.
- Carefully roll out the dough into thick puris making sure the filling does not come out.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and fried it on both sides.
- Keep all Puran Poli on a paper napkin and Serve it.