- Grind coriander seeds with 2-3 dried red chilies and make a fine powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, udad dal,
chana dal, red chili, hing, curry leaves & groundnuts.
- Fry all them till golden brown.
- Add 1 teaspoon of red chili powder, turmeric powder and add the tamarind pulp and a cup of water in it.
- Once it start boiling, add the salt & sugar according to taste, along with the grinded powder.
- Allow it to reduce in volume (soon you will notice that the oil leaving the sides of the pan).
- When it becomes thick and dense, like chutney, remove from gas.
- Mix pre-cooked rice with chutney for Puliyodarai.
Copyright Fivetastes 2022 ©
Leave a Reply