- 2-3 cups of pre-cooked Rice
- 4 – 5 cups of water
- 1 cup of tamarind pulp
- 4-5 dried red chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 cup of urad dal
- 1/2 cup of chana dal
- 2-3 tablespoon curry leaves
- 1/2 cup of ground-nuts
- 5 -6 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Grind coriander seeds with 2-3 dried red chilies and make a fine powder.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, udad dal,
chana dal, red chili, hing, curry leaves & groundnuts.
- Fry all them till golden brown.
- Add 1 teaspoon of red chili powder, turmeric powder and add the tamarind pulp and a cup of water in it.
- Once it start boiling, add the salt & sugar according to taste, along with the grinded powder.
- Allow it to reduce in volume (soon you will notice that the oil leaving the sides of the pan).
- When it becomes thick and dense, like chutney, remove from gas.
- Mix pre-cooked rice with chutney for Puliyodarai.