"Modak" is a one of the favourite food item of Lord Ganesha.
- 3-4 cups of rice flour
- 6 cups of water
- 6 teaspoon vegetables oil
- 4 cups of grated coconut
- 2 cups sugar or jaggery
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Bring the water to boil and add oil into it for the outer covering, take out from heat.
- Now add the rice flour, little by little to avoid lump formation and cover the mixture and let it cool.
- After cooling, knead it well in dough with a smooth finish in such a way that it should sparkle.
- Now take the coconut and jaggery in a heavy-bottomed pan for the stuffing.
- Add milk and cook it on low flame and continue stirring.
- When the mixture becomes dense, remove from the heat.
- The mixture should be fairly dry and turn a shade darker.
- Now make balls with the rice flour dough.
- Flatten them on the palm or on a surface into a circle and place the stuffing in the center of the circle and cover it completely.
- Fold the edges tapering to the center.
- Now steam-cook the modaks in a cooker for 15 minutes until done.
- Ready the Modak for give it to Lord Ganesha.
Leave a Reply