Kalakand (Milk Barfi)
Kalakand (Famous Indian Sweet)
- 2 liters Milk
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon citric acid dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts to decorate (pistachio, almond)
- Silver foil (optional)
- Boil the half milk and add the citric solution as it comes to boil, off
- Once the chenna settles sieve through muslin cloth, press out excess water,
take in a plate and press down.
- Do not knead.
- Put the remaining milk in a heavy pan and boil to half.
- Add the chenna and boil till the mixture thickens, stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar and continue to cook, stirring all the while till softly thickens in a lump.
- Set in a tray, apply silver foil and sprinkle the chopped nuts.
- After cooling the preparation, cut in medium sized.
- Enjoy the sweet.