Rasgulla is an extremely popular sweet of Bengal and Orrissa. This sweet is used in
almost every occasion of Bengal and Orrissa.
Literally the word Rasogolla comprises of two words,
Ras=sugar syrup and Golla=small balls i.e. Rasogolla is cottege cheese balls
immersed in dense sugar syrup.
Hot Rasogolla is good for curing all kinds of dysentry
Rasogolla is extremely sweet and my most favourite one of all the sweets .
- Milk – 1/2 litre
- Refined flour (maida) – 2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2-3 tbsp dissolved in 1/2 cup water.
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir slowly and gently until white curd forms on the surface and separates
from whey or chennar jal.
- On straining this milk through a neat cotton cloth, the curd that is
obtained is called “chenna”.
- Wash chenna well under cold running water and twist the cloth that was
used for straining to extract excess water.
- Knead chenna to make a smooth dough. Add flour and knead again.
- Make small balls of equal size (6-7) of the dough and keep aside.
- Now make sugar syrup.
- Mix sugar and water in a saucepan and boil for 2 min.
- Add chenna balls to the syrup and cook for 15 minutes with lid partially
- Chenna dumplings will puff up.
- Cool it, you can add rose essence or cardamom powder for flavor.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Leave a Reply