Mung pulse & Coconut Kheer (Mung-Narkoler payesh)
- 3 liter of
- 50 gm Yellow
lentil (mung pulse)
- 1 cup of grated
- 200 gm sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 tablespoon grated
coconut (for garnishing)
- Roast the yellow lentil slightly in a tawa and keep aside.
- Boil the milk with sugar.
- Add roasted lentil and cook it for 5-10 min in a medium flame.
- Stir continuously, otherwise it will be overcooked.
- When the lentil becomes soft and milk becomes thick, add grated coconut
and mix it well.
- Remove from gas and cool it.
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder and grated coconut on top and serve cool.