Malida (a Persian dessert)
- 250 gm
- 200 gm sugar
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of cherries
- 1 cup of raisins
- A pinch of
saffron (soaked in a 1-2 tablespoon of warm water)
- 1-2 cups of
- A cup of water
- Knead a tight dough with semolina and water.
- Make some big balls from the dough and make it like a kebab.
- Heat the tawa and bake the kebabs both sides and keep aside.
- When its cool, break the balls and make crumbs.
- Make sugar syrup with sugar and water and mix with saffron.
- When the syrup becomes thick and dense, add kebabs crumbs and
stir it continuously in a low flame.
- Remove the mixture from fire.
- Beat the eggs properly and mix with semolina mixture and stir properly
(don’t stop to stirring).
- Cook it in a low flame, add ghee and stir it continue.
- Add raisins, almonds, cherry and mix properly.
- Cool it and serve it.