Indian Recipe: Index
CHITOL MAACHER MUITHA (Dumplings prepared from clown knifefish)
- Scoop off the fish from the solid piece.
- Coat the fish with all the ingredients except onion paste.
- Coat the mixture with boiled potato so that the mixture does not become soft.
- Boil water in a bowl. Make small balls of fish from the mixture and drop them in the boiled water.
- Do not over-boil the water to prevent the fish from bursting.
- Now heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish in it.
- Keep aside the fried fish.
- Then add cumin, bay leaves and fry the potato in the oil.
- Now add ginger paste, onion paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder, chopped tomato, salt, turmeric powder, sugar and stir well.
- Accordingly add a little water.
- Add the charmogoj paste when the gravy boils a little.
- Stir well and then add the fish.
- Sprinkle garam masala when the potato gets cooked and then remove from flame and serve.
<<Back to Previous Page