Indian Recipe: Index
Bread Chat - you can make this excellent tasty snack with leftover breads
- Bread pieces- aprrox quarter pound
- Black Chana (boiled)- 1/2 cup
- Plain curd- 1/2 cup
- Tamarind chutney or lemon as per taste
- Green chutney or pudina chutney
- A pinch of cumin Powder
- A pinch of coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilly Powder
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp boiled potato
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- handful Tomato - finely chopped
- handful sev or bhoondhi or jhuri bhaja
- 1/2 cup Corriender leaves - finely chopped
- Toast or fry the bread to make crispy
- Beat the curd with a little salt and a little sugar.
- Cut the bread to make small pieces and arrange in a serving dish.
- Pour some black channa over the top.
- Top it with some boiled potato cubes, chopped onions and chopped tomatoes
- Add the beaten curd over that.
- Add little tamarind chutney or lemon and green chutney.
- Sprinkle some red chilly powder, cumin powder and chaat masala.
- Finally sprinkle sev, boondhi and garnish with coriander leaves on top and serve immediately.
<<Back to Previous Page